As a WordPress Developer, you will transform the web’s most universal blogging platform into a cultured system for managing content.
WordPress Developers come form a diverse array of backgrounds and work closely with UX strategists, designers and producers to create accessible, performant content that is delivered in a timely manner.
So, what does it take to become a WordPress Developer?
[Related: WordPress 5.0]
Requirements to be a WordPress Developer
- Experience with Git and GitHub
- Familiar with Sass
- Comfortable writing responsive, cross-browser compatible, and maintainable front-end code
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Professional experience with PHP and WordPress
[Related: Best Website for Your Business]
- Communicate effectively with Client Services
- Develop efficient, maintainable, and scalable front-end systems
- Develop content-focused WordPress sites that focus on performance, security, and clarity
- Translate user and business needs into technical requirements and content structures
- Advise Design leads and User Experience on the viability of functionality and designs
- Familiar with Composer, Gutenberg, Advanced Custom Fields, Bedrock, Sage, or Lando
- Familiar with Ruby and Rails framework
- Familiar with WCAG or Section 508 accessibility standards
- Familiar with Platform.sh, Pantheon, Docker, Amazon Web Services or other DevOps experience
- Experience with design, information architecture, or user-experience work
[Related: Website Design in Washington, DC]
- Eligible for 160 hours of paid time off immediately, with the chance to accrue additional time
- Dental, medical, and vision insurance plans at little to no cost to employees
- 401k with 100% employer match for a portion of contributions
- Monthly stipend for gym membership
- Generous professional development program
- Maternal and paternal leave
- 10 Company/Federal Holidays off
- Commuter benefits stipend
- Employer paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance policies
- Fun company activities, events and gathering throughout the year
- The opportunity to work for progressive companies that are striving to make a difference in the world.
For help with WordPress, or other business needs, contact Capital Practice Consulting. We specialize in search engine optimization (SEO), content marketing, and social media management for businesses in the Mid-Atlantic.
We work with medical practices, dermatologists, plastic surgeons, medical spas, dispensaries, e-commerce websites, lawyers, accountants, financial planners, real estate and any field that needs help marketing a highly technical field.